A really smart former collaborator keeps some coding hacks on his webpage. An idea worth stealing!
Building an R package containing RcppArmadillo source code
It took me forever to figure out how to successfully build my code with calls to the optimized matrix math library, RcppArmadillo, into an R package. Now I'll just remember to look here.
- setwd() to the directory where you want to make your package
- RcppArmadillo.package.skeleton(name = "mypackage")
- put Rcpp code with RcppArmadillo calls into /src/
- Use GUI Rstudio utility to "create new package", selecting a preexisting directory for package
- then open the new mypackage.Rproj file
- add a .R file containing
#' @useDynLib mypackage
#' @importFrom Rcpp sourceCpp
- then hit Build & Reload, and use your package!